1. The following rules have been adopted by the Board of Directors of the South Gwinnett Athletic Association. These rules shall prevail and can be changed only by the procedure set forth in the constitution and bylaws.
2. Selection of coaches, drafting of teams, ground rules, organization and governing of the local program are
covered by local rules.
3. All volunteers will be required to abide by the Creed of the South Gwinnett Athletic Association. Any volunteer,
who in the judgment of a majority of the members of the Board of Directors of the league, violates any portion of
this creed shall be removed from any association with this program and shall not be allowed to re-establish in this
association without a two-thirds vote by the Board of Directors.
4. Any manager or coach involved in any action to willfully hide or cover up activities of a player from other
teams or any prospect involved in such a scheme will be ineligible for any association or participation in the South
Gwinnett Athletic Program.
5. Any member of a team (Manager, Coach, Player, Score Keeper, etc.) will be subject to ejection from a ball game if he or she makes derogatory remarks, such as any type of obscene or abusive language, directed toward any umpire, other players, or anyone connected with the game. Any remarks made by the players will be directed toward their own team and no derogatory remarks will be made to the other players. What constitutes a derogatory remark shall be left to the discretion of the attending officials.
6. The use of any form of tobacco will not be allowed anywhere on the playing field, in the dugout, or inside the
7. No alcoholic beverage will be allowed anywhere on the premises of the South Gwinnett Athletic Association.
8. Each manager may choose his own Assistant Manager / Coaches with the approval of the respective board.
9. Each team will be allowed one manager and one assistant manager who can act in any official capacity for the team. It may have one additional coach who can act in a coaching capacity only.
10. All Managers and Assistant Managers shall be approved by the respective boards.
11. Any manager or coach who is ejected from a game will be automatically suspended from the next scheduled game, unless a written appeal is presented to the respective board within 24 hours of the incident. If the suspension is upheld or not appealed, it will result in the manager or coach being on a one year probationary period. Any further incidents (ie, unsportsmanlike conduct, ejection from a game, or other legitimate complaints) during this period would result in the permanent suspension from any involvement with the SGAA.
12. Paid officials will not be allowed to officiate in their child's league.
13. Jewelry: The wearing of jewelry by players during game play in not permitted. This includes such items as
neckchains and earrings.
14. Refunds: There will be no refunds once the teams have been drafted / registered or once the registration period has ended.